Saturday 13 July 2013

Author of international healthy living self help book is a chain smoker. Ironic. Updated thoughts on Jessica Alba's book "The Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to you"

Yesterday, I excitedly typed up a raving book review on a book I am currently enjoying and reading, Jessica Alba's new text "The Honest Life". 

 

Read my aforementioned blog post to find out my positive thoughts on this book. In brief, I think Jessica has done a wonderful job in promoting a healthy lifestyle and inspiring readers to take up use of more natural, organic products. The book definitely heightened my awareness as to the many chemicals and toxins that enter our bloodstream from simply everyday products such as toothpaste, lotions, makeup and from the foods we eat and their agricultural origins.

The text places a special focus on protecting our bubbas from these harmful toxins and ensuring that they are exposed only to the CLEANEST, purest substances. This includes changing out items such as your child's shampoo and conditioner and monitoring the ingredients and the origin of the foods they eat. 

Jessica is careful not to judge. In fact she makes it very clear from the beginning of her text that she wants to be relatable and down to earth. She doesn't seek to provide lists of right and wrong and force her own beliefs on others she simply wishes to extend our choices and raise awareness. Noble outcomes.

The non-judge mental nature of the text has to be one of my fav components of it, with "keeping it real" sections intermittent throughout where Jessica admits something "naughty" that her and her family indulge in. 

That's why I feel terrible about what I am about to blog about and say.

Jessica Alba is a chain smoker.


It seems so so strange to me that a chain smoker could be writing a book promoting a healthy lifestyle, organic living and is freakishly controlling about making sure no toxins enter her or her baby's body's.

Odd, very odd.

I don't wish to judge, no that's not my goal at all. I simply wish to highlight the absurdity and irony of the situation. 

Smoking has to be one of the most terrible health choices one can make, with hundreds of nasty toxins entering your bloodstream with every puff. Yet the women who is most paranoid about having anything with an unhealthy toxin enter her families home admits to being a chain smoker. Jessica stresses the importance of checking product in your house for any of the ingredients that she lists in her book as "dishonest ingredients" yet she regularly smokes. Hmmm...

I was so inspired and uplifted from her book yesterday, determined to bring about healthy changes to my lifestyle and eating habits- convinced of the benefits of eating organic. I won't let this deter or sway me, but I do find this new found information disappointing. To think I looked up to Jessica Alba and her healthy lifestyle so indefinitely yesterday, to just find out today that she doesn't exactly practice what she preaches.

Sad.

3 comments:

  1. i just wrote this book down on my to buy list, think i may need to remove it now :( ill stick with treasure yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whats treasure yourself!? Who is that by??

      Delete
  2. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. organic nail salon

    ReplyDelete